Why advertise online?
Today’s b2b consumer researches and shops online every day and as more prospective customers go online to gather information and make buying decisions, online marketing is becoming a necessity not a luxury.
For a company to succeed in tomorrow’s markets, businesses must start communicating with clients online today. The interactive nature of the internet and the growing thirst for information from consumers translates to increased sales for businesses who can capitalize on this emerging trend.
Online advertising is an important component of successful marketing campaigns.
Why? Because it is:
Online advertising is a great way to:
- Build brand awareness
- Increase website traffic
- Create leads and generate sales
- Complementary - as part of an integrated marketing campaign, it provides you with another opportunity to reach your target audience.
- Targeted - with online advertising you can be as specific as you want, you can choose which sites to advertise on, whereabouts you want to display your ad and how many times it will appear. You can then choose which landing page to send the users too. All equating to minimum ad wastage.
- Measurable - online advertisement is transparent. Reporting and analysis gives comprehensive evidence of return on investment on all promotional activities so you can ensure you are making the most of your marketing budgets.
- Adaptable - by monitoring the response to your online ads you can adjust the message, call to action, creative or landing page and re-run the ad in real-time to really make the most of your marketing campaign.
- Cost-effective: online advertising is one of the most cost-effective advertising methods available for creating, delivering and executing campaigns.
- Reach: There are 37.4 million adults online in the UK, with the average broadband user spending 30 hours per week online.
- The fastest growing advertising channel*:
- UK online advertising expenditure grew 4.6% to £1.75 billion in the first half of 2009
- This growth occurred despite the entire advertising sector contracting by 16.6% during the same period
- Online ad expenditure in total is up by £82m to a record market share of 23.5%
- The internet has now overtaken TV advertising to become the UK’s single biggest advertising medium
- The UK remains the world leader in terms of market share for online, accounting for 23.5% in the first half of 2009
* IAB, September 2009